VOICE Home Page: http://www.os2voice.org
- Fix crash at shutdown
- Remember dropped fonts.
On topic area, Drop+Shift sets fixed font.
- Remember application font and size to fit
- Options form more compact.
- Fix problems loading from read-only media
- Don't crash if default fonts not present
NewView is a free replacement for the original OS/2 or eComStation online
Major enhancements are:
- New user interface (split window)
- Select and copy direct from window
- Easy to use global (all files) search
- Remembers size & position
- Most recently used files list
- Smooth scrolling display
- Current topic always highlighted in contents
- Can go forward as well as back in history
- Options for fonts, colors and more
- Annotate help files
- Fully resizeable
- Automatic web, ftp and email links
- Drop files to open
- Open additional files
- Automatic language selection
- Automatic index creation
- Enhanced file dialog with help file titles
New Linksys Wireless (802.11b and 802.11g) game adapters (bridges)
Linksys has just released two Wireless Game Adapter units, one conforming
to the 802.11b standard and one conforming to the 802.11g standard. These
allow connectivity back to the appropriate access points.
While primarily designed for the PlayStation/X-box/GameCube crowd, the
fact that they need no drivers means they will work on any OS platform,
including OS/2. They are external ethernet connected devices, so you can
move them between systems as required. Due to the volume market prices are
not much more than plug in PCI cards.
more details at:
[Moderator note: Linksys also has a nice table showing the differences
between the 3 wireless standards (802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11a) at http://www.linksy
Mozilla 1.5, Thunderbird 0.3 and Firebird 0.7
October 20, 2003 Mozilla 1.5 (Zipfile: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.5/mozilla-os2-1.5.zip>
) has been released.
Also available are Thunderbird 0.3 (Zipfile:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/0.3/contrib/thunderbird-0.3-os2.zip
) and Firebird 0.7 (Zipfile:
Please Note: These releases require updated C runtime DLLs (libc04:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.4.1/contrib/mozilla-os2-1.4.1.zip
New kernels (20031031) on IBM testcase FTP site
Download from ftp://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/ps/fromibm/os2/
"This contains fixes since xr_e002/xr_m015/mcp/acp. Important note: If you
use the OS/2 SES facility, you need a new sesdd32.sys dated April 2001 or
later to use this kernel. Also, a matching dump formatter (df_ret.exe),
provided separately, is required, if you want to analyze a dump from this
kernel. Finally, note that os2ldr is only required for the >64mb memory
detection mentioned below."
As always these are not officially supported by IBM unless they tell you
to use them.
**** Please send any followup to comp.os.os2.bugs on usenet. ****
Also note that files are only on IBM's testcase for 2-3 days, so if you
want to try these get them now. Make certain you back up any files
replaced and don't try these on a production system. Read any readme file
before applying any changes. If your system is working well, and you have
no problems addressed by these updates, do yourself a favour and don't
mess with this. You have been warned.
The UNI and SMP files are for WSeB/ACP/eCS Pro (SMP kernel) and the W4
files are for post FP15/MCP versions, including eComStation. Only use the
SMP kernel on a machine with more then one CPU.
Here are the latest changes in this version, as posted in the readme file.
(See the Readme for a complete listing):
Fixes to problems that exist in released code:
JR19236 trap 000c in w_NewSize
DFSee version 5.54 released.
An update to the menusystem introduced with version 5.52, with more DFSee
functions and command accessible through the menu.
The menu-system will make using DFSee MUCH easier for the less experienced
user, not only because you can simply pick the desired functions from a
menu, but also because there is context sensitive help on every menu-item.
Note: Although fairly stable and quite usefull, the menu system
in version 5.5x is considered BETA. It will be officially
introduced and suported with the upcoming version 6.00.
DFSee is the SWISS-ARMY-KNIFE for disk and filesystem problems. With
FDISK-like displays, analysis and recovery, FIX commands, UNDELETE for
HPFS/NTFS, imaging and cloning. More details at:
Direct download links:
Most important functional changes since 5.52:
- MENU Added 'Create new partition' to the mode=FDISK' menu
- MENU Added 'Display Raw partition info' (walk disk tables)
- MENU Added 'Create default LVM info (VCU)' to FDISK menu
- MENU Added 'Recover files from list' to Action->list menu
- MENU Added 'CHECK' of filesystem for HPFS, NTFS and FAT
- MENU Added reboot to selected OS partition (setboot)
- MENU Sector Lookup Table display for HPFS, NTFS and FAT
- MENU Added Identify sector; HPFS, NTFS and FAT, using SLT
- MENU Added parameter specification for a script being RUN
- CREATE Added interactive dialog to specify most properties
- FIND Changed progress indicator to include percentage done
- CHECK NTFS Bad-MFT-Fixup recognition, continue checking
- QUERY Added Minimum and Grabable partition-size for resize
- RECOVER Use SelDirFileDialog to specify the destination DIR
- progress indicators, format now 'xxxx of yyyy ZZZZZZ (nn.n%)'
- SAVETO Fixed cmd-loop on bad sectortype currently selected
Check DFS*.TXT files for details, all changes listed in DFSHIST.TXT
Registering DFSee will give you the right to use all 5.xx versions and get
support plus a reasonable amount of assistance by email. Existing 4.xx
registrations can be upgraded to 5.xx as well.
But even more important, it enables further development of DFSee!
Regards, Jan van Wijk
BlueCAD 1.0 free download
The new website is so far only available in Italian. Other language
version will be available soon. Starting with BlueCAD 2.0 the product is
win32 only. They have graciously made the latest 1.0 version available as
a free download.
You can download for free last BlueCAD 1.0 version, for Windows and for
OS/2, in all available languages. No technical support is available for
this BlueCAD version.
"BlueCAD is the CAD solution which gives you powerful drafting tools fully
exploiting the Windows and OS/2 Warp's best features.
BlueCAD was conceived and developed specifically for professional users
and students: due to its flexibility, speed, facility and low price, it is
ideal for mechanical and architectural planning, for producing technical
documentation and as a tool for office automation. BlueCAD can dialog,
integrating itself, with desktop publishing, word processing and painting
products, therefore it is a necessary tool for personal productivity.
Drawing with BlueCAD is very easy. Due to its intuitive user interface you
will be familiar with BlueCAD very quickly. The use of contextual menus
and drag&drop tecniques enable the inexperienced user to also be
immediately productive. If you need some information about a BlueCAD
command, a complete on-line contextual help system is always available to
give you support. Furthermore, if you would like to add new features to
the program expanding its functions, it is possible to create new commands
using the C/C++ (Windows) or REXX (OS/2) programming language: BlueCAD's
macro interface enables you to access all program's functions."
New Innotek Java 1.4.2.02
Java 1.4.2_02 was released by Innotek moments ago, grab your free copy @
- updated to the latest Sun 1.4.2_02 release which
includes the latest bugfixes and security enhancements
- refuse installation if a prerelease version is currently in memory (locked files)
- fixed error in Java Web Start that would prevent startup of Java Web Start on some systems
- fixed keyboard layout switching once again
- rewrote PM keyboard message hook processing
- several bugfixes based on customer feedback
[Previous Page] [Newsletter Index] [Next Page]
VOICE Home Page: http://www.os2voice.org