I'm pleased to announce the first beta for XWorkplace v1.0.12.
Beta 1 is available in five languages and two versions:
- "Full", the standard full-featured build
- "Lite", similar to eWorkplace and ArcaOS Desktop
Portions of this update have been underwritten by Arca Noae, LLC.
Updates and Fixes
- XCenter will now open automatically at startup and after a Desktop
restart - an icon in the Startup folder is no longer needed. This
feature can be disabled in the XCenter's properties.
- third-party WPS dlls built using the Open Watcom compiler could cause
the Size field in Details view to be misformatted. XWP now checks for
the error condition they cause and corrects it.
- added descriptive entries for previously undocumented classes and
updated existing descriptions. [from Lewis Rosenthal]
- added a new section to identify which exception handler caught the
trap; updated other sections
- fixed trap at startup if XWP's list of Startup folders included
- simplified the "Worker" thread code; removed obsolete thread priority
setting from the XWP Setup notebook
- revised the Options menu; added a "Compact" option for Details view
- fixed an exception when files were rendered after a drop operation
- improved error-checking and exception handling.
- made several changes to reduce the shared-memory usage of XWP's dlls;
one of these also eliminated the need for translators to use a C
compiler to build NLS dlls
- removed a misguided optimization which could cause third-party
XCenter widget dlls to be 8-10 times larger than needed
- for XWP-Lite builds, suppressed Help file references to features
that are not included.