Jeti/2 version 0.6.1.4 (050108) has been relaised.
Jeti/2 is a messenger for the Jabber messenger service written in Java.
* platform independent (all Java compatible operating systems)
* icq like interface
* chat / groupchat
* file transfer
* vcard support
* message logging
* formatted messages (XML)
* SSL security and socks proxy
Jeti/2 supports the following messenger services:
* JM (Jabber Messinging)
* AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)
* MSN Messenger
* Yahoo! Messenger
Jeti/2 requires Java 1.4x. It has been tested with Java 1.42 Innotek and
1.41 GoldenCode using eCS and OS/2.
More informations and download links for Jeti/2:
Jabber is an open, secure, ad-free alternative to consumer IM services
More informations about Jabber:
Note: The international OS/2 groupchat has been moved to another server.
Here is a step-by-step guide to join the new group.
- Install and start Jeti/2
- Hit Jeti > Groupchat > Join
- Select Server: jabber.ccc.de
- Select GroupChat Server: Public Chatrooms
- Select Room: os2
- enter your nickname: YourNick+COUNTRY-ID
(e.g. -DE or -US or -UK ...)
Then save the room as bookmark (user menu in Jeti/2 groupchat window).
< Previous Page | Newsletter Index | Next Page >
VOICE Home Page: http://www.os2voice.org